Spiga

Care to comment?

Why should I comment? Obvious question that pops up in anyone's mind. But the real question is why don't I comment? If you comment it wouldn't make you look like the odd one. Commenting is simply the way of saying something about some article or post.

What to comment about? Be constructive and never say anything that could cause someone to be discouraged. They always say (well, not always but) "The pen is mightier than the sword". Just a thought how powerful this quote is...A post published on a popular blog cause that caused Apple's stock value to drop thus causing the company to lose nearly 4 billion USD (Ouch, Thats alot). Even somethings said in a chat room has caused one to risk their own lives (e.g. Suicide).

If the post doesn't interest you speak you mind so that the blogger knows that he made some mistakes, or else if you choose not to comment at all please don't be a heart-breaker by commenting something destructive cause you are simply wasting your time, your energy and some of your brain cells by being a moron. If the post is that bad, then simply say that "Sry man but try to improve in your post".

Some blogger like to blow off steam by writing posts, and freeing up some tension, stress or anxiety. Commenting correctly might help them releive streaa and some bottled up emotional feelings. Commenting helps blogger know that they are not alone. I have seen some blogs going unnoticed, like alone old man writing his life story on a diary. Seriously thats sad.

I was never a picture perfect social blogger. I am an amateur blogger and am not and might never be as good as JohnChow or proBlogger but I am trying. When I needed something I would Google it on the web and then if I find the nessacary article I simple read it and simply click that crossed button on the top right corner on that windows. Yes thats right I used to be a leechy Blogger and I never socialized with other blogs. I thought that it could make my self look like the odd guy. So I never commented until sometime later when I realized how lonely I was in the blogosphere. I had to comment and make people realized that there is a intelligent guy here. So I started commenting.

So What are the benefits on constructive commenting? 1. Helps the blogger who you commented for, to improve his blog, boost his self-esteem. 2. Its help ful for other visiters to know that this is a important place to visit like a popular land mark. 3. Its starts off a virtual underestanding between you and the blogger. Of course you are recognized by you nickname. and 4. It also leaves an exchange of traffic. You leave a comment I leave a comment at your blog.

Also don't spam. Only Idiots spam. All blogs give you the ability to leave alink. See Example:
WordPress

Blogger Beta
PS : Click the images to enlarge them

I know that there has been a buzz about that fact the latest versions of Wordpress and Blogger Beta has implemented 'nofollow' as a way to fight comment spam. But what they have done is deprived the blogging world of link love and thus some visiters simply don't leave a comment cause there is no benefit to them.

Nevermind even if nofollow is the reason why you stopped commenting then that shouldn't be. If the post is good it always deserves a good comment. If you don't leave a comment that decision will lay heavy on you soul.

So there fore comment as much as you can and be constructive in what you comment. or you don;t have anything to comment the please i suggest that you leave the keyboard. :)

PS: Please forgive me if anyone got hurt by what I wrote. I simply need to pass on this message and never meant to hurt anyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous

December 25, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Nice entry. I wish more people would follow your advice and leave some thought provoking comments. At least anything is better than the obvious spam we sort through everyday.

thanks for stopping by!

Unknown

December 28, 2007 at 6:09 PM

I can't agree more. :)

Lisa De Vahl

January 3, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Very true!

Anonymous

March 24, 2008 at 7:11 AM

At first I never left comments just because I felt I had nothing good to say. But once I got up the nerve, it was fun!

Anonymous

June 9, 2008 at 6:57 PM

I just want to say to Matt that sometimes it is the blog posters fault there is not a good dialog going in the comments. There is a true art to writing a good informative post that provokes thoughtful discussion.

Anonymous

June 22, 2008 at 3:12 AM

Some subjects are just more open for dialog than others. So some will provoke more conversation.

Dental News

March 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Yes, the reader must post a comment and inspire the blogger.

Glasgow cosmetic surgery

Ianthie Jayaratne

April 20, 2009 at 3:35 PM

i dont think this is what so ever a good advice, for its missleading at times...
howerver this might give chances for the up and comming generations to do unnecessary things...
althoug its better than the terrible and every day spam we fix through almost everyday.

i cant agree more !

thank you very much!