Spiga

A Notepad & A Pen

Why do I need a notepad and a pen to write something when I could be using a Keyboard to digitally save it? Well the pen existed long before the computer or even the typewriter. How do you suppose the best novels were written early??? All on paper with a pen. And then slow people started to move towards using the keyboard instead on using the pen on a notepad. It seems that technology is causing people to slowly lose interest in a dieing practice.

I thought that I should purchase a really good Laptop so I could type something up when I am outside. Well I didn't buy one. and why? cause its was expensive and also there were cheaper alternatives and thus I ended up with a notepad & a pen. Why not? You should try it. It gives a lot of space for you to think. Also another advantage of it is that when you are writing an article and want it on your pc then you have to type it in thus you might be doing too much work there but in fact that is helping you read what you are writing thereby eliminating mistakes, and adding more ideas. Like this post that I am posting. I read post about having problems getting ideas. Then I realizes that there is a exponentially large number of ideas popping up into my head when I am with a pen and a paper than with a PC.

Presently I am working as a Network Administrator in an Software Developing Company. My working area is only an small table and the room is at sub-zero temperatures. Seriously it so cold, my finger tips feel numb and all the blood going to my brain is feeling chilled. I can't work very well in that condition. So I knock off the Air Conditioner and hide the remote ( :-) ).

Those who have really tried it will always follow it, Even myself my previos post and this one are all written on paper before they ever made it to bits and byte. So try it and comment back. As Always Take Care.

9 comments:

Elise

January 3, 2008 at 9:29 PM

They say the the most powerful thing in the world is pen to paper... not finger on keyboard!

Ever doodled absent-mindedly and looked at the page when you're done? I had a friend who used to compare peoples doodles.

Notepad & pen is definitely more insightful than using a computer xx

Anonymous

January 9, 2008 at 9:05 PM

I agree that the "pen and paper" combination is a very powerful one, but to write your posts down AND THEN type it out? Don't think think that you could be even more productive (time-wise) if you just typed your posts?

Unknown

January 10, 2008 at 10:07 AM

^^ Practice what you preach is what they say. So I tried it and its very effective. It has improved and given more clarity to the articles I post.

Anonymous

January 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Indeed i go deeper into my thoughts when i used my pen with a notepad. I can always refer to it anytime without the need of a power plug. Great article

Anonymous

January 14, 2008 at 7:41 PM

I would say a good 90% of what I write for use on the computer, from posts to code, start on a piece of paper. I can't explain what it is, but there is a satisfaction to scratching out your ideas on paper and sometime even scratching them out literally!

Anonymous

May 29, 2008 at 8:34 PM

I prefer to write everything down on paper. I need my little to-do lists to keep myself on track.

Anonymous

June 26, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Though my life is quite digitized, I agree with you guys.. Usually I use paper and pen to dig ideas out of my pen.. Though I lost my pocket pen am bad at filling my papers most of the time.. Somehow it is faster to sketch concept chart and summarize intense meetings.. Don't think even a tablet PC could be a real match to that..

Anonymous

July 24, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Pen and Paper It's Most Powerful in the world
I can always refer to it anytime without the need of a power plug. Great article

Laura

April 6, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Pencil and paper, I stopped using when I finished Faculty. Today, a pencil and paper use only when emotions take me and then I need a lot of paper.