Spiga

Choices

What is your choice? Really this isn't a joke but a serious question and demands a serious answer. I have always been wondering that since the time I started understanding about the world. I made many choices in life that lead me here today. A chance of choosing the perfect choices in life is very hard to come by these days.

Make a mistake you could loose a good contract, a job, a life, lives or etc, etc. Fate also plays here. No matter how hard we try to choice the best choices we might sometimes fail, That's fate. A Doctor making such a mistake would cause his or her reputation to be tarnished.

I am trying to choice a good programming language to do some of my work with. Some say to go with VB6 and some with C# and some with C++ and yet some Delphi.

I noticed that in some blogs there were polls place on them to find out what programming language you would use to develop applications with. Funny thing is that I noticed that Java got the first place. Well I got o hand it to you Java is popular. Your Nokia Phone is compatible with it. Many other mobile devices are. Also the Mobile Platform 'Android' is also loving it.

But still very vast area to cover for a beginner like me. So I think I need to start with some thing uses less of a vocabulary. Finally I think I need to use something Like either VB6 or VB.NET or C#.NET. I really hate installing .NET Framework, let it be 1.1, 2 or 3 (I much prefer 2), It increase the prerequisite of any application I am about to develop. But .NET Languages are more easier to manage than VB6 or VC++. So I think I will stick with something like C#.NET or VB.NET.

So I need to experiment with a few things. Should I use the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005(or 2008) or SharpDevelop? I will try SharpDevelop and let you know. Until my next post, Take Care.

PS: If anything comes up I will let you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous

December 13, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Although I don't know that much about programing stuffs, I guess you better start with C, C++ or something like that. As you have said, Java is not good for starters. My mistake was to start with java and later I figured it was a lot better if I had started with C. But again, do your research and choose the one you think suits your needs. If you don't enjoy what you are learning, you are not going to make it towards the end.

Unknown

December 13, 2007 at 12:01 PM

^^ Very True. I wanted to create some free-ware that will someday benefit others. but unique ideas are a rare commodity these days. Ideas that come into my head r already there on the web. I need something to work on. That idea should be the foundation of my end result.

Anonymous

September 5, 2008 at 5:17 PM

I think we have too many choices some time. Go with C# and don't think twice about it.